Friday, September 3, 2010

My First Post

I thought I would start by explaining what drives my passion for evangelism. As Christians, we are commanded to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, and mind. We are also commanded to love our neighbor as ourself, and we are even commanded to love our enemy.

Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me." Peter said it this way "There is none other name under Heaven given among men whereby we must be saved."

As a true born again believer in Jesus Christ, we must agree with those statements. If we do not, we cannot be a true regenerated believer in Jesus Christ.

If we believe that it is only through Jesus that one avoids Hell and gains Heaven, and we love people, we cannot keep silent about the way to being saved. We are compelled to tell others.

In posts to follow, I will be sharing some insights on exactly what the gospel message is and ways we can communicate it with a lost and dying world.

No comments:

Post a Comment